Monday, June 25, 2018

The Wastes Vs. The West

So, Gamelings!
Bethesda has taken legal action against Warner Bros.

the croods doom GIF

I know that there are a lot of Westworld fans out there. I can't blame you.
I mean... I've never seen Westworld but I have always wanted to.
The premise is fascinating. 

Recently Warner Bros. teamed up with Behaviour Interactive to release Westworld the mobile game.
Cool, right?
On the surface, it seems like a great idea until you find out that Behaviour Interactive were contracted with Bethesda to work on Fallout Shelter.
No biggie, right?
Wrong.
Unfortunately Behavior Interactive violated their contract and used many elements of Bethesda's software and intellectual property including Bethesda’s copyrighted code, trade secrets, and other rights to develop the Westworld game for Warner Bros. 

embarrassed shame GIF

Bethesda commented on the new app saying, "The ‘Westworld’ game is a blatant rip-off of ‘Fallout Shelter."

Now, to be thorough, I downloaded the Westworld game and was immediately taken aback.
The games are almost identical.

confused funny memes GIF

How in the world did they think that they could just skirt by with this?!?

Westworld (Cowboy Fallout Shelter)

Fallout Shelter (ACTUAL Fallout Shelter)


The gameplay mechanics are even the same...
Doubletap takes you into a room.
Earn currency and resources by getting people and making them do things.
Use that currency to expand your underground base...

I don't think that Behaviour Interactive has a snowball's chance in hell of winning this one at all.

Hell...
It's even questionable that Warner Bros. will get out of this unscathed.

Bethesda, you know that I have an unhealthy love for you.
I got your back.


Tell me what you think of the games and this lawsuit in the comments or rant with me on the Facebook page!

Until next time,
-Tish Terror

No comments:

Post a Comment