Thursday, February 16, 2017

Creating A Con


Hey there, 
Hi there,
Ho there Gamelings!

I know it has been quite a while since our last post!
What were we thinking???
We missed you!
Did you miss us?

HULU tv hug hi seinfeld

ANYWAY...

Since we've been gone for so long a lot has happened.
The most notable of these events is that we, my friend Diedre and I, got to go to Phoenix Comicon Fan Fest! It was wonderful! We met so many wonderful vendors like Sparkle Monster, Project Pinup, tandy leather, Tech Shop, Steam Crow, Phoenix Escape Room, Frank and Nats Armory, Kiki Jenkins, The Subtle Geek, Look Cuter, and Art Dimes.We also saw a few wonderful charities there like Kids Need to Read, and Comicare!
Here's a taste of the wonderful cosplays we saw there:















That being said, and shown, we would DEFINITELY love to go again! The atmosphere was electric. The people you met treated you like family. This is definitely the kind of community that people want to be a part of.

This sense of community was wonderful but so far away. I brought this up to the club that I am the president of at Cochise College, Digital Media Arts Club (DMAC). Everyone agreed unanimously. But how do we fix that?

The answer came to me immediately and I put it to the club: Should we create our own comicon?
The response that I received was mind-blowing.

sahlooter wow chris pratt mind blown

Immediately we set to work.
We set a date and time.
We chose a location.
We contacted vendors, panelists, and exhibitors.
We put the word out there for Cosplayers.
This is happening.

So, without any further ado, I present to you:




COCHISE COLLEGE COMIC CON

We are still accepting applications for Vendors, Panelists, and Exhibitors!
The applications are open until March 17th!
For ticket and vendor information, please visit OUR WEBSITE!!!!

I look forward to seeing you there!



No comments:

Post a Comment