Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Never PokemonGo anywhere without a buddy!

Howdy doody, Gamelings!

Another day has come and, as such, so has another Pokemon Go update.
Now, I must be honest with you, Gamelings.
If I'm not honest with you, what kind of journalist would I be?

no mrw unimpressed stare not amused

Anyway...

To be completely honest...
I am a bad PoGo player.
I used to play constantly.
We'd go on family walks just to go catch Pokemon.

Now, though?
I've been stuck at 7.7km out of my only 10km egg for about 3 weeks.
I know...
I know...
What am I doing with my life?

Unfortunately the answer to that question is: Adulting.

drama boy meets world dramatic cory matthews ben savage

So, naturally, when I saw that there was a new update available for PoGo my emotions ran the gamut from regret to guilt to apathy. 
I clearly didn't have time to play this game so why should I care?
Also, being reminded that it exists made me feel kinda guilty for ignoring it and it made me regret all of the time spent staring into the black abyss of "I'm so tired I could die" instead of playing PoGo.

I clicked on the "What's new" option to see what cool new feature they had added.
As usual it started with "bug fixes".
Ah, good ol' bug fixes.
Then it listed "Buddy Pets".

pitch perfect acca aca-scuse me

I read on to find out that "buddy pets" allows you to equip a certain pet as a "buddy" and earn candy for that pet as you travel certain distances.
This is friggin phenomenal for people, like me, who live in a less-populated area and STILL HAVEN'T EVOLVED THEIR FRIGGIN EEVEE! 
Your buddy will either stand behind you, beside you, or sit on your shoulder depending on how big they are!





PoGo screenshots courtesy of me and Bri. ;)

SO yea... this is now a thing.
"But how will I know just how far I have to walk to get candies for my Poke-dudes?"

Well HERE is a wonderful link that has them all listed!
You'll notice that the legendaries and ditto are listed.
Super cool!
It makes a lot of sense that buddy system would be put into place.
It would probably be the only way to get candies for legendary Pokemon.

Unfortunately this update also blocks root/jailbroken users!
I mean, that never stopped anyone before and it certainly hasn't stopped them now!
Now, while we DEFINITELY DO NOT endorse cheating, stealing, or any such stuff...
THIS LINK gives info on how to get around the user block.
You do you, booboo.

One final thing that users have noticed is that the game has Android Wear compatibility which enables users to use their android smartwatches as Pokemon Go Plus devices!
Super neato!

Sarah Schmidt after effects neat neato cool dog

So...
I guess, now that I've updated my PoGo, I have no excuse.
It's time to get out there and
CATCH
THEM 
ALL!

Source: ComicBookLifeHackerHeavy


No comments:

Post a Comment