Friday, July 8, 2016

Thoughts on Pokemon Go from a stay-at-home mother of 4

I will start with the bad stuff and work my way to the good... 
Pokemon Go is just not a game made for people like me. It is more of a single-people game. This game requires you to get up and go within a moment's notice to find the Pokemon of your dreams. When you are stuck at home with 4 crazy kids and you see a Clefairy down the street, your heart sinks knowing that it is either, leave your kids home alone or just let it go.

 let it go frozen elsa

This game can be life-consuming. It has only been a couple of days and already I know of people who have skipped work, slammed on their brakes, and didn't sleep... All in the name of catching Pokemon. 

tv crazy family guy pillow stewie

On the other hand, it is making my family happier. Let me elaborate on that... Before this game our evening routine was: 
dinner
shower
play
bed
Now our routine is filled with much more togetherness: 
dinner
family walk (to catch Pokemon and visit Poke-stops)
shower
bedtime story
bed
When we take our family walks every evening we discover new things we had never seen before. We are able to have fun hunting and catching Pokemon!
My daughter caught her very first Pokemon yesterday!
isn't it cute?
As for the stay-at-home parents like me, if you feel the need, you can buy incense and put those out. The Pokemon will come to YOU. You will be the king/queen of catching Pokemon from your couch/kitchen/laundry room/bed/etc.

Pokemon Go has also united my community in a BIG way! I have made friends with people I would have never met through my town's Pokemon Go Facebook group! We share tips, tricks, rants, etc. on there and we have divided the messages up into teams. I am Team Mystic (Blue) and we have our own chat where we discuss Pokemon Go, safety tips, and our next moves against the other teams!

Pokemon Go is a wonderful game for (almost) everyone!

Have fun out there and be safe!


No comments:

Post a Comment